Spectrum SKILLZ Program
CK SKILLZ Dynamic Martial Arts, is so excited to introduce the Spectrum SKILLZ Program!
This program was designed to target children on the spectrum for ages 7 and up. The program
introduces specialized skill-based training for children who have limited physical, intellectual, social, and
emotional abilities. With that said, more emphasis is placed on building fundamental skills training with
a strategic balance of Martial Arts.
By understanding the needs of these children, we have selected 8 skills that make up the
Spectrum SKILLZ Program:
2. Detailing3. Observing4. Listening
We cover one of the above skills per class (in order). During each class we run a warm-up;
deliver a mat chat about the skill; run two or three skill-building drills; and then we have them
demonstrate the skill to earn their skill-stripe. They must earn all 8 skill-stripes in order to
graduate to the next belt level. Once they earn their next belt they will continue to run through
all 8 skills earning their skill-stripes with more challenging curriculum as they advance to each
rank. They graduate into one of the age-specific SKILLZ program after they have successfully
completed all 9 belt ranks of the program.
Here is an example of what a white belt will demonstrate for each of the 8 skills above to earn
their next belt:
1. Awareness – Duck under a noodle swung by the instructor 5 times.
2. Detailing – Demonstrate 10 punches applying proper hand position when striking a
3. Observing – Name 3 basic blocks as demonstrated by the instructor.
4. Listening – Demonstrate 10 punches on a 70pbm metronome beat.
5. Communication – Explain how to do 1 of the basic strikes applying proper chambers.
6. Retention – Demonstrate 3 basic blocks and strikes when called out by the instructor
while applying the proper hand position.
7. Durability – Demonstrating the static warm-ups by holding each position for 10 seconds.
8. Determination – Demonstrate a palm strike breaking a board.
As you can see we take Martial Arts training to a whole new level! We use elements of
traditional Martial Arts curriculums to build skills that are appropriate for children on the
spectrum. This means that your child will learn and grow at a pace that is fun while being
challenging enough to help foster development. The best part is the Spectrum SKILLZ program
will equip your child with skills that they will utilize in every area of their life!