10 Fitness “Hacks” From Top Coaches
Great tips from fitness coach Somnath Sidkar I used to help me lose over 40 pounds in 90 days!
Every year, we switch out of our summer routine, and get into “winter mode”.
Well, spring is already here (although the weather might not feel like it)
And, summer will be here again before we know it.
Let’s get back on track with a little bit of dedication and healthy habits now, and then maintain them through next winter.
Daily life gets busy: work, homework, kids and family activities.
Creating an effective routine helps you manage it all successfully.
Every change of season can also mark a change in the pace of life.
That change can throw us “out of whack”. Or, it can be an opportunity to push ourselves.
We can invest in classes and activities that will benefit our health, and the health of our families.
Events, people, family, and stress can sneak into your life. You should, you must also schedule in time for yourself.
Remember Newton’s law?
Objects in motion tend to stay in motion.
This is true of humans too! Investing now in a healthy fitness and eating routine only makes it easier to stick with that routine during stressfull and busy times.
Here are the DG Coaches’ Top 10 Health and Fitness “Hacks”
- Drink more water
- Do not “save” calories, just to binge later.
- Exercise a minimum of 5-7 hours per week
- Keep a food journal (log everything you eat)
- Keep a training log (log every time you workout)
- Protect your sleep (develop a routine to ensure a good night’s rest)
- Take Vitamin C (necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues!)
- Take Vitamin D (Most of us are vitamin-D deficient, even during the spring and summer months it’s difficult to get enough sun)
- Manage Stress (The next few months can be challenging both physically and mental, but also emotionally. Take time to decompress. Spend time journaling, reading, thinking.)
- Walk (Just 20 minutes a day can make a tremendous difference)